Looking for a tasty variation on a traditional picnic favorite? If so, this recipe for keto scotch eggs is the ideal choice! The British food known as a “Scotch egg” is a hard-boiled egg that has been wrapped with sausage meat and deep-fried. This low-carb option, which is made keto-friendly, makes use of a variety of ingredients to satiate any hunger. This post will explain how to make the ideal keto scotch eggs and provide you advice on how to prepare them successfully.
Table of Contents
The Keto Scotch Eggs Recipe
The flavor of Keto Scotch Eggs is savory and rich, evoking the combination of eggs and sausage. The interior is juicy and tasty, while the outside is crisp and crunchy. The sausage adds a rich and savory layer, and the egg is cooked to perfection. The egg and sausage are seasoned with herbs and spices, which give the dish a depth of flavor that makes it a very delectable snack.
- Sausages or sausage meat. I used Cumberland sausages and removed the skins.
- Curry powder
- Melted ghee or other oil
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Put eggs in a saucepan with cold water, once boiling cook for around 5 minutes.
- Leave out to harden before peeling.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Make sure your sausage meat is straight out of the fridge to avoid it getting too sticky.
- Mix in seasonings egg mild curry powder.
- Flatten a patty and roll it around the egg (a little trial and error here) and ensure it’s properly coated.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and brush with oil.
- Pop the scotch eggs on and cover with garlic/onion powder in order to help with the crust.
- Cook for 10 mins, turn to another side, another 10 mins, turn again.
- It might take another 10 mins or so depending on how thick the sausage is.
- Alternatively, I bet it works great if you deep fry these bad boys.
- Serving Size: 1 egg
- Calories: 210
- Fat: 16g
- Carbs: 1g
- Protein: 14g
Why Keto Poached Eggs are a Great Low Carb Breakfast
For those trying to keep their carb intake low, keto poached eggs are a fantastic low carb breakfast choice. Poached eggs are a healthier option to fried eggs since they are cooked in water. It is a good source of both macronutrients since the egg yolks and whites both contribute healthy fat and protein. Additionally, other low-carb foods like spinach, tomatoes, and avocado may be added to poached eggs to dress them up and create a more substantial and filling meal.
Because eggs are so adaptable, you can change the tastes of your poached eggs without sacrificing flavor. For a pleasant and satisfying dinner, you may, for instance, add a few dashes of spicy sauce, some garlic powder, or a spoonful of pesto to your eggs. To further enhance the nutrients, you could also serve them with a side of green vegetables like kale or a spinach salad.
The nicest thing about poached eggs is how simple they are to prepare and how quickly they can be consumed. You may poach your eggs in the microwave or an electric cooker, so you don’t even need to turn on the burner. Because of this, it’s a fantastic choice for people who are pressed for time or don’t have access to a kitchen.
Overall, low carb breakfast options like keto poached eggs are excellent for anybody trying to stick to a healthy diet. They are the ideal breakfast for hectic mornings since they are filling, adaptable, and simple to prepare.
Anyone searching for a quick, simple, and nutritious dinner will love this recipe for Keto Scotch Eggs. Not only is it very simple to prepare, but any dietary requirements might be accommodated. This Keto Scotch Eggs Recipe is guaranteed to please, whether you’re a lover of the traditional Scotch Egg or are seeking for a healthier substitute for conventional fried eggs. With a few adjustments and its tasty components, it may quickly become a favorite family dinner. Try making these Keto Scotch Eggs to see how tasty and filling a healthy breakfast can be!