1 1/2 c blanched almond flour
4 T unsalted butter
1/4 t salt
1 T baking powder
1/4 t cream of tartar
1 T liquid stevia
1 t vanilla extract
1/4 c ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375
1. Separate 6 eggs into two bowls.
2. In the egg white bowl, add 1/4 t cream of tartar, blend until soft peaks. (About 1-2 minutes)
3. In the yolk bowl, add 4T melted, 1T baking powder, 1/4 t salt, 1 t vanilla extract and 1 T liquid stevia. Blend while adding the 1 1/2 c of almond flour 1/3 at a time.
4. Pour half of the fluffy egg whites into the mix.
5. Pour the last of the egg whites in and softly fold in with a spatula.
6. Lightly spray a standard bread with the oil of your choice, I use coconut oil cooking spray.
7. Pour cinnamon in layers if you want the swirled effect. Otherwise, if you're lazy you can just add the cinnamon with the whole batter.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Set on a wire rack, let cool for 10 minutes before taking out of pan and cutting.
Makes 14 slices.
Macros per slice.
Net Carb 1.0g
John Ward has been experimenting with low carbohydrate diets since the early 2000s. He successfully used a low carb diet to lose 50lbs in the past and currently follows a keto diet for a variety of reasons including general health and managing mood levels.