Have you heard about the new diabetes medication that is also being used by celebrities and every day people to lose weight? No, this isn’t one of those diet pill scams. This is a real medication designed to control blood sugar that has the side effect of causing weight loss. Let’s take a look at the effects of GLP-1 and keto for weight loss.
Table of Contents
GLP-1 Medications for Weight Loss
These medications are called GLP-1 or Glucagon-like peptide-1 antagonists. They were approved by the FDA for use in diabetes patients in 2005, but it was also found that these drugs caused a great deal of weight loss and increased overall metabolic health.
Since then, many doctors have started prescribing GLP-1 medication “off label” for weight loss.
GLP-1 medications are safe, effective, and have relatively few side effects. Any common side effects that patients may experience while taking GLP-1s, such as nausea, are generally quite manageable.
You’ll find these medications under many names such as:
- Semaglutide (Wegovy, Rebelsys, Ozempic)
- Liragludtide (Saxenda, Victoza)
- Tirzepatide (Mounjaro)
- Lixisenatide (Adlyxin)
- Dulaglutide (Trulicity)
- Byetta (Exenatide)
- Bydureon bcise (Exenatide extended release)
All of the above medications were designed for diabetics, but have show promising results when used for weight loss.
The Keto Diet and Weight Loss
This popular diet combines a low carb / moderate to high fat intake to help assist in weight loss. This was first popularized by Dr. Atkins and his Atkins diet. Since then Keto diets have evolved.
This diet puts your body into a state that is called ketosis. In this state, your body stops using carbohydrates (sugars) for fuel and starts to burn fat instead. The burning of this fat produces ketones which is why the diet is know as Keto.
If you’re interested in know more about this check out our post The Keto Diet: A Quick Start Guide for Beginners.
The main point here is that we know Keto causes rapid weight loss. What if we combined that with the power of a proven weight loss medication?
Where Can I get GLP-1 Medication for Weight Loss?
There are many way to get GLP-1, but getting it for weight loss purposes is a little bit more difficult. For example, just 1 month of a medication like Ozempic could cost you $1,200 or more. In many cases, insurance will not cover these drugs for weight loss.
So how can you get access to GLP-1 medication for weight loss? There is a program for that called Calibrate.
What is Calibrate?
Calibrate is a health program that combines lifestyle changes, with 1 on 1 coaching, and GLP-1 medication specifically for weight loss. You get access a medical staff and a coach as part of this program to make sure every thing is done right. This is the easiest way to get access to GLP-1 medication for weight loss.
Most Calibrate members get access to their medication for $25 a month which is significantly lower than the $1,200 it costs at the pharmacy. They actually have a team entirely dedicated to finding your medication at the lowest cost possible.
See my full Calibrate Review here.
What are the Benefits of Calibrate
In addition to the rapid weight loss you will experience on GLP-1 medication, Calibrate has additional benefits, including:
- Average weight loss of 15% of total body weight
- Average waist line reduction of 6.4 inches
- 83% of members improved their overall eating habits
- 88% of members improved their energy levels
As a member of calibrate you get all of this:
- A 30-minute video doctor visit including lab work review
- Ongoing access to your Medical and Support Teams
- Support navigating medication insurance coverage
- 1:1 bi-weekly video coaching sessions
- A holistic curriculum focused on food, sleep, exercise, and emotional health
- Tracking tools and helpful tips via the Calibrate app
Does Calibrate Really Work?
You may be wondering if a program like this can really work? I was too. It wasn’t cheap, but I decided to try the Calibrate program myself. I figured that it couldn’t hurt with the money back weight loss guarantee.
I went through all of the steps to sign up and chose to finance the program through Affirm for 0% interest. It cost me about $135 per month at the time. Like I said, not cheap but I’d be willing to pay that if I could lose some serious weight. The impact to my overall health would be well worth it.
I’ll give you the short summary here. Here’s how it worked:
- I signed up, paid, and was sent a welcome pack which included a smart scale.
- I setup the mobile app to connect to the scale and my fitness tracker watch
- Calibrate ordered blood work that I got done prior to my first meeting with the doctor
- I met with the doctor who wanted to understand my goals and also gave me the absolute most thorough read out of blood work that I have ever gotten.
- After the doctor decided it was safe for me to do the medication I had to wait a few weeks for the team to find me the medication.
- During this time I started lessons in the Calibrate mobile app.
- I had my first meeting with my coach who gave me an overview of the program, understood my goals, and helped to set me up for success.
- I ended up getting my medication, Mounjaro, for just $25 per month thanks to the Calibrate team.
- I started the medication and continued my reading and coaching sessions. The coaching sessions are bi-weekly check-ins to help keep you on track.
- I pretty much immediately noticed a reduction in my appetite when I started taking the GLP-1. It’s a shot that I only need to take 1 time per week and the need is so small that it doesn’t hurt at all.
- I continued following the program and taking the medication for about 6 months.
What Results Did I Get from Calibrate?
So now I’m around the 6 to 7-month mark. I’m actually making slower progress than a lot of people, but I’ve lost nearly 80 pounds so far! This is definitely due to a combination of eating healthier on the diet and the medication killing my hunger.
The medication works so well that I don’t even really feel hungry anymore. Plus I’m making choices to eat healthier foods and work out thanks to the lessons and help from my coach.
I still have about 6 months left, but if I stay on this track, I will be in good shape. I can definitely tell you that Calibrate works. Even if I were to lose no more weight from this point on, I’d still be down almost 80 pounds.
Where Can I Join Calibrate?
Are you interested in learning more about the program. Well first, take it from me, it’s not cheap. However, it’s just about the cost of 1 month of GLP-1 medication from the pharmacy. To me is was well worth the money. The benefits that I’ve gained from becoming healthier are pretty much priceless. Read our full calibrate review here.
Click here if you’re ready to try Calibrate. You’ll get all of the benefits that I talked about above. Plus, if you don’t lose weight, you can get your money back. There is literally no downside.
Remember that you get:
- Results Or Your Money-Back
- Calibrate is the only program to promise 10%+ weight loss, or your money back
- Clinically Proven Results
- Calibrate is rooted in research and designed by the world’s leading experts in obesity treatment.
- Doctor-Prescribed GLP-1 Medication
- GLP-1s are clinically proven to be the most effective long-term option for weight loss.
- Real Humans, Not Bots
- Talk 1:1 with an obesity doctor, over video, and 1:1 with your designated Calibrate coach bi-weekly.
- Holistic Curriculum
- Dive into the power of lifestyle changes with our exclusive, science-backed curriculum.
- A Sustainable Approach
- Discover a new day-to-day through lifestyle changes that add up to sustainable weight loss.
It worked for me and thousands of other people. It could work for you too. Try Calibrate today to lose weight with clinically proven GLP-1 antagonists.
Conclusion – GLP-1 and Keto for Weight Loss
In conclusion, incorporating GLP-1 and keto into a weight loss program can be a very successful combination for many individuals. It can provide the benefits of appetite control and increased fat burning, and may be the best combination to help you reach your weight loss goals. However, the best course of action is always to consult with your physician before starting any weight loss program, and to ensure that your diet is balanced and tailored to your individual needs.